Mindfulness is a great way to find more joy and center yourself. In this time of transition, when things feel difficult, it’s great to have a few easy, go-to mindfulness tools. In this episode, you’ll learn five easy mindfulness tips to help you every day.
The five are:
1. Notice your emotions, and share them with someone else.
2. Breathe, as taught by Thich Nhat Hanh. I share his practice of inhaling, exhaling, and smiling.
3. Observe (or spend time in) Nature. As discussed in my previous episode with Emma Loewe, author of Return to Nature, nature has restorative properties for humans. When you feel stressed, take a moment to look out your window or take a break for a walk if you have the time.
4. Meditate, using a visual or guided meditation.
5. Spend time walking a labyrinth, either by physically walking a labyrinth or using a hand labyrinth.
Emma Loewe on Jump Start Your Joy
Insight Timer (Sarah Blondin) – for guided meditations
Insight Timer (my channel: Paula Jenkins) – for guided meditations
World Labyrinth Locator to walk a labyrinth
Veriditas, a non profit that offers courses on about labyrinths
Sign up to receive the Jump Start Your Joy newsletter
Follow Jump Start Your Joy on Apple Podcasts
Love the show, and what to show your support?
Buy me a cup of coffee, and I’ll give you a shout out on the next episode.