Kedma Ough is a business development and business funding expert. Having experienced homelessness and abuse in her life, she’s made it her mission to help under-represented entrepreneurs find a way to get their businesses funded. Her book, “Target Funding” is all about how to find unique options for small businesses. Being a multi-passionate, she has focused her own entrepreneurship on two things: helping women and people of color get funding for their small businesses, and niche-ing down to serve and advocate for differently-abled individuals.
I really enjoyed this interview with Kedma. She is no-nonsense and energetic, and has a lot of very actionable tips and thoughts on how to grow a small business. I also very much appreciated how she is unapologetic and direct about who she is; she embraces that it is OK to be smart AND sexy, providing an excellent role model that illustrates that traditionally feminine qualities can provide a strong and powerful presence in a business setting. This theme is true in her business as well, as she met many people who told her she would not be a success in becoming a consultant and advocate for the differently abled population, and she has proven them all wrong.
In this episode, Kedma and I talk about:
– How get funding for your small business
– Looking for superheroes in your life
– How to build a niche business that will support your dreams and be a match for your interests and strengths
– Owning who you are and bringing that into your business
– How to Jump Start Your Joy: practice gratitude, serve others, helping kids