Humans have a pattern of making things more complicated than they need to be. I know I do this all the time, and I see my clients do it, as well. Instead of letting something be easy, you add extra steps, or you doubt that keeping the end result simple will be enough. In this week’s episode, I’m looking at what happens when we let things be easy.
How can this impact our work, and how we approach a business?
In this episode, I talk about:
- How to embrace letting things be easy
- Why you tend to add complexity to something
- The change in vibe and acceptance when you keep things simple and focused on what comes naturally to you
- How you can create a business or an offering, or a podcast, by focusing on the things that seem easy to you
- What’s easy for you is not necessarily easy for anyone else (and how that leads you to discount the power of what comes easily)
- Your zone of genius as explained by Gay Hendricks
- Don’t shy away from doing whatever feels easy for you
- The possible role of self doubt and the inner critic when you complicate things
- How to jumpstart your joy: petting puppies, listening more than you talk, and “eat the ice cream”
Join me at “She Podcasts Live” in Atlanta, October 11-13
How to Be Everything: A Guide For Those Who (Still) Don’t Know What They Want To Be When They Grow Up by Emilie Wapnick on Amazon
The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to The Next Level by Gay Hendricks on Amazon