It’s my absolute pleasure to have Rosie Williams on the podcast this week. Rosie is an author and blogger from Topeka, Kansas, where she lives with her Nam Vet husband. They are working on refurbishing a “glamper” and their barn, and working in Christian ministry together. Rosie has contributed to two books, and in October, she released her first book, Repurposed Faith: Breathing New Life into Your Quiet Time.
Rosie and I have known each other for a couple of years; we met in a Facebook group and were paired up as accountability partners. Her dream was to write a children’s book, and mine was to do more with my retreat leading. Years later, we’ve both moved forward on tackling those dreams. It’s interesting to see how the Spirit has moved in our lives, and the role that synchronicity has played in our lives. When I originally reached out to Rosie about being on the podcast, the working title for her book was “Jump Start Your Quiet Time.” We both loved that we’d been dancing with the idea of jumpstart moments.
In this episode, Rosie and I talk about:
– how to reconnect your faith if you feel that you’ve lost your way, or are have experienced trauma
– the power of going inward, to meditate, and have quiet time to reconnect with God and your faith
– when you’re open to seeing and receiving blessings, they seem even more abundant in your life (and how to start looking for them)
– what “jumpstart moments” are and how to tap into your desire to connect to greater possibility in your life
– Rosie’s “glamper,” or the little camper that she and her husband are working to restore, bringing new life into an old camper
– why restoration shows like Fixer Upper are so popular, possibly because they infuse us with the hope that we still have a new purpose in our future
– her husband’s story, while camping, when he found a coal that he flipped over, and used the embers from that coal to re-start a fire. It became easier to re-light the fire when there was a second ember to warm the first one. We are all like that coal
– Rosie’s path to writing her book Repurposed Faith: Breathing New Life into Your Quiet Time, and how the signs and experiences throughout her life
– Rosie’s encouragement for people who are interested in writing a book
– Her experience going to a writing conference for the first time, and how she met other women who encouraged her and continued to help her on how to write a book for the first time too.
– How Rosie finds balance in her life
– Rosie’s thoughts on how to jump start your joy
Resources for this show:
Rosie Williams’ website
Repurposed Faith: Breathing New Life into Your Quiet Time by Rosie Williams on Amazon (affiliate link)
Repurposed Faith Quiet Time 10 Day Challenge on You Version Bible App