This week on Jump Start Your Joy – I’m sharing all about how you can be both a planner, and allow room for creativity and spontaneity to play a role in your life or your business. As a planner at heart, I feel a sense of calm and “everything is right with the world” when I’m able to make a list, or, plan a trip.
What I’ve come to discover after doing a podcast for awhile is that the magic of any creative process happens, though, when you make the plan and then don’t cling to it too tightly. I struggled with doing that for a really long time – of planning, but not needing to control the outcome once I’d figured out the plan.
This week on the podcast I’m sharing how:
- You can make a plan, start working towards it, and leave yourself the space for creativity to take hold
- Set aside purposeful space to allow creativity to show up
- Become comfortable with releasing control of a situation
- Joy shows up when you leave room for it
- Artists Dates and how they can give you new ideas
- Trusting others can help you get your work done, and aid in further trusting yourself
- Rethinking what success looks like for you may shift how you approach what you “need” to do