Throughout this holiday season, I’ve found myself reflecting on the true nature of “abundance.” It’s a word that gets thrown around a lot in entrepreneurial and business circles, and it strikes me that when it’s used, it often seems to be equated with having SO much of something that you could never use it all up. Vast riches. More clients than you know what to do with. Passive income.
In this week’s episode I want to talk about why I think it’s important that you begin to broaden your definition of abundance, both as a entrepreneur and as a human. While wealth, followers, and the markers of success in this world are all part of abundance, there’s more to it. And I believe strongly that as people who are out there wanting to change the world, you and I owe it to each other to start to set a different precedent for what we celebrate when we talk about having abundance in our lives.
This week, I’m talking about:
- Shifting your definition of abundance to include a mindset of enough, of contentment, and of presence.
- What happens when you begin to include the things that matter to us, from an internal perspective, in your definition of abundance?
- The role that emotions play in finding abundance in life
- How to define abundance for yourself and your family
- Some examples of abundance at Christmas-time, and what you can pull from the story of Jesus’ birth
- Simplicity and abundance