This week, I’m delighted to have Lara Heacock joining me for the second installment of the Friendpreneur Series. This series focuses on conversations with friends, who are entrepreneurs. Many of the people are friends I’ve met either through the show (and have been on before!) or through contacts in coaching. I’ve found that starting and running a small business is something very new to many of us, who have grown up without examples of people who are entrepreneurs in our day-to-day.
I had the pleasure of meeting Lara in coach training over three years ago in the Courageous Living Coaching Certification program. She’s so full of life and joy and I have loved getting to know her better, and seeing her grow her coaching practice. She’s joining me this week for the Friendpreneur Series to share about her new book – Practical Kindness, and balancing a 9 to 5 job with her coaching. We laugh, we share lots of entrepreneur tips, and I know you’ll love getting to know her.
Lara and I talk about:
- Bringing kindness and joy to corporate settings and work
- Recognizing that there will always be fear in pursuing our dreams
- How to work with fear
- Holding ourselves accountable for kindness
- Lara’s experience in writing her new book, Practical Kindness
- The courage of being imperfect
- Creating boundaries and having difficult discussions
- The rise of the gig economy and how it ties in to 9 to 5 jobs
- Masterminds and the importance of connections as an entrepreneur
- Tips tricks and tools: finding a mastermind, figuring out what works for you energetically, don’t pick up your phone first thing in the morning when you wake up, and getting in touch with what you need in each moment
Lara Heacock’s site: Kind Over Matter
Practical Kindness by Lara Heacock on Amazon
Amazing alarm clock on Amazon
Gretchen Rubin’s four tendencies framework test
Emilie Wapnick’s “How to Be Everything” on Amazon
Past Friendpreneur Series:
Christy Tending on Self Advocacy, Going Beyond Self Care
Joy + You, Unleashed
A sweet email course to reunite you with joy, packed with goodies + surprises just for you. Sign up with your email below.