This week on the show, I’m explaining the basics and tactics of content planning and strategy for your podcast, retreat, or blog on this solocast. Learn how to take your idea to a solid plan that you can execute using project management and inspiration. It’s one of my favorite topics: Figuring out the building blocks of content strategy for your own brand. I’ll be explaining how this can be applied to planning a retreat (which is where I first started playing with this approach), but it’s also something I teach in my podcasting class about how to define your show and what it will be about. It’s a little bit project management, and a lot of defining your brand and creating the building blocks of marketing, which are both things I do in my day job.
In short, this episode looks at how to get the ideas you have in your head, the one that you want to turn into something to share with the world, and get them out, on paper. From there, you’ll see how you can take the idea, and begin to plan how you will share it – whether that be in a podcast, a retreat, or a blog. The basics in mapping out your idea and content are all similar, and this method can be applied to other things, too.
I’m also super excited about the download I’ve created for this episode, which is quite literally an entire mini-course. You can reach it by clicking here (or at the bottom of the post). You will LOVE the free content planning calendar that is included.
Content Planning and Strategy for your Podcast, Retreat, or Blog
– the basics of understanding your “what,” or, what you want to share with the world
– establishing your focus for your podcast, retreat, or blog
– how to brainstorm your ideas and get them on paper (along with a printable to do that!)
– why you need to draw a line in the sand for your creation around what you want to include, and what you don’t want to include
– what you need to consider as you look to right size the content for a podcast, retreat, or blog
– how narrow down content when you want to do all the things
– how creating a podcast, blog, or retreat is tied to spreading joy in the world
All of the resources for this episode can be found in the download packet. It’s a super helpful tool that you won’t want to miss (and includes a custom Google set of worksheets that you can re-use year after year!)