This week on the podcast, I’m thrilled to have Emily Levy joining me. Emily is the 24 year old CEO and founder of Mighty Well, a wellness company that makes products for people with chronic illness. Emily was diagnosed with Neurological Lyme disease as a sophomore in college, and made her first product in college. After having her first PICC line put in (and not being satisfied with the recommendation to place a cut up sock over the PICC line to protect it), she sought to find a more beautiful way to cover the PICC line that fit in with the carefree collegiate lifestyle she imagined for herself. I love her story, her courage, and her vision for creating a company that helps people with chronic illness by providing products and a community to help them live a better, more normal life.
Emily and I talk about:
- Early sparks of joy – going to the beach as a child and reading books
- Her inspiration for starting her company
- What a PICC line is, and why it should be covered
- Her journey with Neurological Lyme disease
- The various kinds of products that Mighty Well is working on to produce
- How Mighty Well comes up with their designs and brings them to market
- Her early entrepreneur journey, including fulfilling orders from her dorm room
- The importance of balancing work and life
- Republic campaigns, and how they are helping small companies like Mighty Well get funding
- What it means to support a “friend in the fight”
- How it’s important to talk about illness of all kinds
- What to say to do to help someone who has just been diagnosed with a major illness
- How to jump start your joy: go to therapy, finding time for self care, making time for family
Republic site, funding option for startups – you can invest in Mighty Well here.
Joy + You, Unleashed
A sweet email course to reunite you with joy, packed with goodies + surprises just for you. Sign up with your email below.