The kitchen was the only room in the house that we did not paint when we moved in a couple of months ago. I was busy hatching a plan, and that plan is hinging on the fabric I chose for the curtains. First, let’s check out the big sliding glass door we have in the kitchen:
Please, let’s also notice the major curtain failure that is present in that photo. Lovely, right? It was shortly after that moment (those curtains were in the master bedroom when we bought the house, so we just tried moving them) that I decided I’d just make my own. The fabric has been ordered (and it’s in the dining room waiting for me), and it looks like this:
The next decision was paint colors. The kitchen was a whole lotta brown. Brown walls, builder’s grade brown cabinets, and our brown hutch. Here is the cabinetry, taken while we were house hunting:
And our hutch, with those brown walls:
The plan, as of today is:
– paint the walls a dark gray (done!)
– hang beadboard wallpaper about 3/4s up the wall for an accent
– paint the hutch aqua, white and yellow (started last night)
– paint the cabinets – gray for the lowers, white for the uppers
– build a small desk for the right of the hutch in the photo above (supplies bought, top has been stained)
– sew new curtains, using the old ones as a liner
Here’s the hutch, with the gray wall behind it as of last night. I’m absoultely in love with the colors 🙂 and so excited to see this part of the house come together!
Joy + You, Unleashed
A sweet email course to reunite you with joy, packed with goodies + surprises just for you. Sign up with your email below.